Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What I love about Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a really special day for me.  Besides being my birthday, I use this day to take off from my job every year and evaluate where I am in my personal and professional life.  It's the day I evaluate how much time I am spending doing this or that and what that categorically looks like for my family, my full time job, and my business.  


I have always been overloaded in one category or the other.  When my children were all under 10, I was 'all mom'.  Now that they are all over 10, I am no less of a mom, but as they grow, I feel that I too have to grow in education, invest in knowledge, continue a progressive career and prepare for a stable retirement.  Valentine's Day is my day to do that.  


A couple of years ago I was working as a promotional model and spent a great deal of my spare time outside of my full time job traveling and promoting companies' products.  Mom-time was down; business time was up.  I had a time limit on keeping all those balls in the air for a goal that I had and once I met it, I took a break from promoting and re-balanced.  And isn't that true of all our lives as women---as business women...a constant set and reset, balance and re-balance?  That is why I love Valentine's Day.  It's the day that I remind myself to be as confident and as prepared as I can possibly be in every step of life.  It is my day to balance and re-balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment